You can watch the video here, or follow the step by step instructions below. Once you've finished that video, you can learn how to create the t-shirt mockup in the next video.
How to remove a t-shirt from the background
PREP WORK - WHAT YOU NEED TO START
- A photo of a t-shirt, or image of a blank t-shirt, preferably white or red.
- (Optional) Colored poster board for a background or background that it easily distinguishable from the shirt.
- An iPhone/Android or good quality camera.
How to remove a t-shirt from the background 5-7
3. Drag out a selection across the t-shirt.
4. Click Select and Mask option towards the top
How to remove a t-shirt from the background 1-4
5. Copy these settings if you like, typically smoothing cleans up the edges so I bump that up a bit, and feather/contrast help refine in general. I bring in the shift edge as well just a bit. Tweak until you have something you like.
6. Output to New Layer with Layer Mask. This will help with a non-destructive workflow. Click OK
7. Your done!
If you still need to fine tune your tee you can use your brush B tool to paint away the parts you don't need, or bring back pieces of the shirt the selection missed. Make sure you have the layer mask selected. White foreground will show the original background and a black foreground will remove whatever you brush over.
Congratulations, you've now learned how to remove a t-shirt from the background!
Thanks for your interest in learning how to remove a t-shirt from the background. The graphic design skills you learn here are invaluable not only to the lesson today, but for graphic design in real life scenarios.